Monday, January 2, 2012

Why I started this blog.

I want to first stress that I am not a real estate agent (I am in fact a physics professor, a photographer and a writer - if you want to read more check out chignecto.ca/rhawkes).  I have always found real estate listings interesting, and the stories that houses have to tell. I still remember the sunny day when we took occupancy of our first home (in St. Stephen, NB, near the border with the USA).  We had always lived in small one bedroom apartments (first as married graduate students, then for our first couple of years of working) and to finally own property was so exciting.  To have a house with big maples lining the driveway, and not only a house but a bunch of adjoined buildings (it had been initially a bakery we were told, and more recently a pottery studio).  While we never met any of the previous occupants of our home, we did learn snippets about them, and about our home's history.  It is too bad that houses don't always have logs, and people write in them for future occupants to know the people who once lived there.  Anyway, back to this blog....  Sort of on a whim, I decided to start a blog about interesting homes in the New Brunswick area.  I expect that most of them will be from the Sackville area, that has been my home for more than 30 years, or the Bay of Fundy region (we own a cottage in Alma NB).  I am not sure how often there will be postings.  If you find something I write interesting, please do leave a comment, or if something needs correction or you have more information to add.  I do write a few other blogs, on different topics, including one on the Bay of Fundy region.  My most popular blog, that has garnered more than 12,000 reads in less than a year from typically 65 different countries each month, is devoted to science apps for the iPad and iPhone.  If you want to give that a read it can be found here. Anyway, I hope you will enjoy, and do feel free to drop me an email if you have suggestions for future posts, or just to express opinions on anything you read here.  Writers on the topic of the houses of Atlantic Canada please feel free to invite me to review your book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment